Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supreme Court case against Video Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/713983/supreme-court-expected-to-rule-on-video-games-next-week/

Oh boy!!!

View user profile
i'm glad i live in Canada and i'm not 12


_________________

View user profile
so is it currently legal or illegal for vendors to sell M rated games to minors?


_________________
Them tojos came at me faster than i could gut 'em ,so i had to gut 'em faster

View user profile
Its based on their own Discretion i think

View user profile
Yeah i don't get this that much.. They always carded people at my gamestop and don't they usually always do that? Either way if this passes they'll just have someone else buy them games like people do for alcohol and cigs.

View user profile
chunckylover53 wrote:Yeah i don't get this that much.. They always carded people at my gamestop and don't they usually always do that? Either way if this passes they'll just have someone else buy them games like people do for alcohol and cigs.
Same here, I've seen kids have to run back out to their mom's van to get her to come in and buy an M game(think it was CoD: BO)

View user profile
yeah i think this is pretty stupid...

i have plenty of friends that are a year older than me anyway.


_________________
Them tojos came at me faster than i could gut 'em ,so i had to gut 'em faster

View user profile
Are we still on this subject?

View user profile
Doctor Whoof wrote:Are we still on this subject?

Don't worry, in a few years people will start blaming lifes problems on something else.

View user profile
This is nothing new.

I had to have my mom buy me MK2 in 95, when I was 9.

View user profile
Mortal Kombat wrote:This is nothing new.

I had to have my mom buy me MK2 in 95, when I was 9.

Same here.

View user profile
Yeah I don't get why these laws are causing such a fuss.

They're preventing companies from doing something they aren't even doing anyways.


_________________
I wish I had spent more of my youth popping sick-ass ninety-day wheelies.

You in fact feel flowing and you truthfully desire to speak. I know the final obsession you wish for to do is remain at the clinic or at residence you want to get out and speak.  Like a Star @ heaven - Giles12
View user profile
My understanding is this: punishment. Right now states can't punish retailers for selling to minors. The rating system is a voluntary to follow, retailers don't have to follow it, it's really for parents to see what in a video game. This case is to determine if retailers can be punished for selling M rated games to minors. In essence, M rated games would be treated like cigarettes and alcohol were selling it to a minor would be illegal, and buying a it for a minor would be illegal, with punishments for both. The whole defense of the gaming industry is that video games are an art and protected by the 1st amendment like books or movies. The arguments have been made, and the decision will be made soon.

View user profile
OMG THIS MEANS LESS KIDDIES ON COD!!1

View user profile
Fox Shepard wrote:My understanding is this: punishment. Right now states can't punish retailers for selling to minors. The rating system is a voluntary to follow, retailers don't have to follow it, it's really for parents to see what in a video game. This case is to determine if retailers can be punished for selling M rated games to minors. In essence, M rated games would be treated like cigarettes and alcohol were selling it to a minor would be illegal, and buying a it for a minor would be illegal, with punishments for both. The whole defense of the gaming industry is that video games are an art and protected by the 1st amendment like books or movies. The arguments have been made, and the decision will be made soon.

Wait, so if this law passes, if I go in with my mother to buy BF3, they wont sell it to me/her? If so that's horse-shit.

View user profile
not letting teenagers buy m rated games... god it just seems so weird.


_________________
Them tojos came at me faster than i could gut 'em ,so i had to gut 'em faster

View user profile
Why don't they do the same thing they do with R rated movies?

View user profile
im the UK they treat the ratings system like law anyway.

i got ID'd for a 16 game when i was 17. i didnt have any ID on me so i had to buy a 15 game (i chose JC2 so i got an epic game anyway).

i always get ID'd for 18 games (but i have ID so its all good).

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum